A food dehydrator is capable of offering innumerable benefits for an athlete, hunter, or a busy parent. It is crucial to take the necessary steps to the clean your food dehydrator. If you fail to clean the appliance between each use, you will risk yeast, mold, microbes, and bacteria growth. Below you will discover the steps that you should take to clean your food dehydrator.
A dehydrator is capable of delivering a large quantity of nutritious snacks that tastes scrumptious. It can also be a lot of fun experimenting with different foods and recipes. The dehydration process dries out the foods, without depleting the nutritional value. If you are searching for a delicious midday or late night snack, you should definitely consider investing in a Nesco dehydrator.
- Includes 5 drying trays, jerky gun, and 2 screen liners
- Exterior has an Opaque Vita-Save construction to block out UVR
- Superior air circulation system, which pushes air down and horizontally
- Speedy drying process, which completes in hours, instead of days
- 500 Watts power supply
- 120 volt appliance
The Nesco Snackmaster Express is constructed out of BPA-free plastic, so the food will not come into contact with harmful toxins. The overall measurement is around 11” W X 13” in diameter. Each tray is 1 1/2” inch thick, so you can dry strawberries, thick sliced beef, and grapes. You can also throw the trays in the dishwasher, after use for a thorough cleaning and sanitizing.
The powerful built-in fan is top mounted, so it is safe from dripping juices. This location is actually improves the air circulation, so the foods will dry more evenly. You can even expand the American Harvest dehydrator to 12 trays, but you will have to purchase the additional trays separately.
The Clean-a-Screen is embedded with narrower holes to prevent smaller sized foods from falling through and to prevent sticking. The thermostat dial is located on the top of the lid, so you will always have easy access to it. This is a very user friendly appliance, thanks to the adjustable temperature dial, large numbers, and the recommended food temperature setting, which is embedded into the top of the lid.
- Measurements 11” H X 13” in diameter
- User friendly
- Very affordable
- Capable of holding up to 12 stacking trays
- Trays are dishwasher safe
- Does not have a built-in timer
If you are ready to alter your diet and snacking habits, you should definitely consider investing in the Nesco American Harvest FD-61WHC Snackmaster Express. It is designed to provide a large quality of nutritional snacks and offer an extended longevity.
There are many excellent food dehydrators on the market and Waring’s Pro DHR30 Professional Dehydrator definitely falls into the category. Whether you’re a hunter, who wants to dehydrate his prey, or you just like beef jerky, this dehydrator will serve you perfectly for many years to come. The unit is affordable, versatile and spacious enough for a large quantity of food. Below, you will learn more about this unit, its specifications, pros and cons.
- Comes with 5 stackable and interlocking trays
- Equipped with an adjustable thermostat, which offers low, medium, high and fan only
- Fitted with a new fan system, which delivers better air flow
- Weighs just 9.6 pounds
- Uses 620 watts of power to dehydrate your foods to perfection
- Can easily be used with a wide array of different foods
- Fairly quiet during operation
The Waring Pro DHR30 delivers an excellent combination of convenience and power. It is more than suitable for an assortment of different foods, including fruits, herbs and beef jerky. In fact, some suggest that the unit could very well be the best dehydrator for jerky. The unit’s adjustable temperature offers customization for your specific food of choice. Instead of dealing with figures, you can just switch to one of the heat settings and wait for the foods to dry.
The 620 watts of power is more than sufficient. It’ll dry out your foods in a decent amount of time, so you won’t be left sitting around waiting for days on end. The unit weighs just 9.6 pounds, which makes it easily transportable and effortless to store away, when not in use. Of course, the unit’s exterior is very attractive, so leaving it out on your counter shouldn’t be ruled out. The unit comes with 5 trays. This delivers a suitable amount of space for large quantities of foods.
The stackable setup delivers a little added convenience, in terms of maintenance. Cleaning up the unit isn’t overly difficult and shouldn’t take more than ten minutes. More pros and cons can be found below for your consideration.
- Comes with 5 stackable trays, which delivers an abundance of space
- Can purchase extra trays and extend up to 9
- Adjustable temperature, which is simple enough
- Can be used for an assortment of different edibles
- Innovative fan system delivers better air flow
- Very affordable
- Weighs less than 10 pounds, so you won’t break your back
- 1 year warranty covers defects in material and workmanship
- An excellent value overall
- Temperature controls are fairly limited
- Stacking system may grow annoying, after repeated use
- No timer
When it comes down to it, the Waring Pro DHR30 Professional is a great value, but it is best suited for beginners. Its limited, yet somewhat more convenient, options deliver easier use and won’t require you to set a precise temperature for each food. It holds plenty of food, is easy to use and won’t cost you an arm and a leg. If you’re new to food dehydration, this dehydrator is a brilliant purchase. Be sure to check it out for yourself in greater depth right now!
Are you shopping around for an affordable, yet worthwhile, electric food dehydrator? If so, you should definitely take the time to check out the Presto 06301. The Presto Company specializes in an array of home appliances and they majority of their products have been well received. This remains true with the Presto 06301 Dehydro. The unit comes with an impressive array of features, which will give you the ability to easily dehydrate your foods. Below, you’ll learn more about this specific dehydrator.
- Utilizes 6 trays to provide you with a sufficient amount of space
- Can be used to dry a handful of different foods, including meat, poultry and seafood
- Equipped with a digital thermostat and timer for added convenience and versatility
- Bottom mounted fan guarantees airflow is evenly dispersed
- Can be expanded up to 12 trays, if desired
- Comes with a handy 1-year limited warranty
- Utilizes 750 watts of power
- Weighs just 8.5 pounds for easier maneuverability
When taking the time to explore the Presto Dehydrator, you will see that the unit is incredibly convenient and exceptionally powerful. It is designed to provide the consumer with convenience, while ensuring that all foods are dried quickly and evenly. First and foremost, the user can easily make adjustments to the temperature, by utilizing the thermostat. Available temperatures range from 90 degrees to 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
The unit comes with 6 trays, which should provide the majority of individuals with a suitable amount of drying space. Of course, the capacity of this stackable dehydrator can be increased significantly, by adding trays. It is compatible with a total of 12 trays max. When the unit is not in use, you can easily nest the tray to save space. The unit weighs less than 9 pounds, so you’ll have no problem moving it around.
The unit utilizes a total of 750 watts of power, which will get the meat, fruits and vegetables completely dehydrated, within a suitable amount of time. Despite being a very cheap food dehydrator, the system is covered, by a 1-year limited warranty! This will provide you with reassurance and will protect your investment wonderfully. More pros and cons can be found below.
- Can hold a sufficient amount of foods, at once
- 6 drying trays and can be expanded up to 12
- Equipped with a digital timer for easier use
- Digital thermostat provides more flexibility and the perfect temperature for various foods
- Uses 750 watts of energy
- 1-year warranty is nice
- Plastic, which touches the food, is BPA free for added peace of mind
- An excellent value and a purchase, which will not break the bank
- A little bit noisy
- Stackable setup can be a little inconvenient
All in all, there is a lot to like about the Presto 06301 Dehydrator. The unit isn’t entirely flawless, but its minute flaws should not be considered deal breakers. With the dehydrator’s 1-year warranty, low price, and excellent performance, it is an excellent overall value. Whether you’re looking to dry out meats, vegetables or fruits, this dehydrator will be able to get the job done! Be sure to explore the product in greater depth right now!
If you are an avid deer or turkey hunter, you most likely enjoy jerky. This dehydrated snack not only tastes delicious, but it is about 97% fat free. Any time you are in the woods trying to catch your prey and you begin to experience those nagging hunger cravings, just grab that delicious deer jerky out of your backpack. After eating this delicious, healthy snack you will be ready to focus on the task at hand. If you do not own a food dehydrator, you should definitely consider the Excalibur D900CDSHD.
- Exterior case is constructed of stainless steel material
- Equipped with an adjustable thermostat, what a heating setting range of 105-165 degrees Fahrenheit
- 7” Circulation fan
- 600 Watts power supply
- Measurements 12 ½” H X 17” W X 19” D
- Manufactured in USA
- 15 Square feet of drying space
- Built-in 26-hour timer
The Excalibur D900CDSHD just happens to be the best stainless steel food dehydrator. The great benefit of utilizing the Excalibur is the fact that you can watch the food undergoing the drying process. This is possible since the appliance is equipped with a clear, polycarbonate door.
With 15 square feet of drying space, you will be able to dehydrate a large quantity of foods simultaneously. The built-in 26-hour timer will allow you to customize the dehydrating process for homemade soups, etc. This way you will never be forced to guess whether or not the foods are completely dehydrated.
The adjustable thermostat and timer dials are located on the top, rear of the dehydrator, so you will always have easy access to them. This appliance is designed to offer a much longer service life than the competitor brands. The stainless steel exterior case and panels will definitely endure the test time, since they will never rust, corrode, or breakdown, even after years of use.
Each tray measures in at 15” H X 15” L, so they will hold a significant amount of food. The Excalibur dehydrator will automatically shut off after the preset time has expired. The Parallex TM Horizontal Air Flow technology will improve the air circulation throughout the dehydrator, so all of the food will completely dry.
The phenomenal Hyperwave Fluctuation Technology will keep the food temperatures at a minimum, while allowing the air temperatures to reach the maximum preset level. This helps maintain the active enzymes in fruits and vegetables, while preventing mold and yeast growth, which is responsible for gastrointestinal illnesses.
- Adjustable thermostat allows for perfect drying of various foods
- Plenty of space for larger quantities
- Clear door allows you to inspect the food, without removing trays
- 10-year warranty is definitely a major plus
- 26-hour timer delivers ease of use
- No drip pan
All in all, the Excalibur D900CDSH is a fantastic dehydrator, with one minor flaw. It is slightly more costly than its competitors, but the added features certainly justify the price increase. The unit is spacious, convenient and built for last for an extensive period of time. The added 10-year warranty makes the unit a steal! Check it out for yourself today.
Nesco is one of the leading brands in the industry. They’ve been in the game for a significant period of time and they specifically specialize in food dehydrators and other home appliances. The majority of their products have been well received and this rings true with the Nesco FD-1040. This is a stacking food dehydrator, which makes it slightly less convenient, but it still an exceptional value. The unit comes with a handful of beneficial features and they’ll be explored in greater depth below.
- Very affordable and reasonable for all
- 1,000 watts of power for rapid drying
- Innovative Converga-Flow Air Flow system dries food evenly
- Equipped with an adjustable thermostat with a temperature range of 90 to 160 F
- Can be expanded up to 20 trays, but comes with 4
- 2,400 RPM fan motor
- Digital timer, which can be programmed up to 48 hours
- Weighs under 9 pounds for easy transportation
- Comes with a 1-year warranty for added reassurance
There are many individuals, who want a great food dehydrator, but aren’t interested in splurging. If you fall within this specific category, you should definitely take the time to check out the Nesco FD-1040. This dehydrator is incredibly affordable and can dry a large quantity of foods very quickly! Although it comes with 4 trays, it can be used with 20! Additional trays can be purchased separately to enhance the unit’s versatility.
The unit utilizes 1,000 watts of power to get the food dried, within a rapid period of time. It also comes with a handful of unique accessories, including a 52-page dehydrator recipes booklet, 1 solid sheet, 1 packet of jerky spice and a single mesh sheet. When utilizing this dehydrator, you will never have to worry about rotating the tray. The system is more than capable of evenly drying all of the foods at once, which makes usage more convenient.
The digital thermostat offers more versatility. It’ll give you the ability to customize the system for your specific food of choice. The pros and cons will be listed below for your convenience.
- Offers plenty of space and can be expanded for increased capacity
- 1000W of drying power is incredible
- Adjustable temperature allows you to dry all foods perfectly
- 1-year warranty is good
- No need to rotate the trays
- Digital timer delivers easier use
- Great for the price
- Placement of fan prevents future problems
- Buying more trays may become a necessity
- Stackable setup may present some inconvenience
All in all, it is incredibly difficult to complain about the Nesco FD-1040. The item is affordable, spacious and more than capable of holding an immense amount of food. If you’re happy with a stacking dehydrator, this one cannot be ignored. Be sure to explore the unit in more depth today!
If you’re looking for an exceptional food dehydrator, you should look no further than the Excalibur Dehydrator. This one is incredible in more ways than one. If you know anything about dehydrators, you should already realize that Excalibur is one of the best manufacturers, within the genre. With this specific dehydrator, you will be blessed with plenty of space to dry all of your favorite meats, fruits and vegetables. It delivers a total of 15 square foot of drying space, which should be more than sufficient for almost everyone.
- Comes with 9 larges trays for 15 square foot of drying space
- Clear door allows you to see what is happening, at all times
- Equipped with a very helpful 26-hour timer, so you can set it and forget it
- Adjustable thermostat, which offers temperatures of 95 to 165 degree Fahrenheit
- Manufactured in the United States
- Weighs just 22 pounds and measures in at 12.5 by 17 by 19 inches
- Mesh screens for BPA free for added peace of mind
- Utilizes a 7-inch fan and 600 watts of power
- Comes with an extensive 10-year limited warranty
When it comes down to it, there is a lot to like about the Excalibur Dehydrator. When exploring the unit as a whole, you will see that it is an excellent over value and will serve you for many years to come, thanks to the limited 10-year warranty! Of course, the dehydrators performance cannot be ignored. This may very well be the best dehydrator of all. It offers a significant amount of drying space and tons of convenience.
The handy 26-hour time allows you to stuff it full, set the time and step away. Once everything is completed, the unit will switch off and you can return to delicious, healthy dehydrated foods. Although the unit is perfect for hunters, it can be used by pretty much anyone, who wishes to dry out their foods.
For added convenience, the trays are completely removable. This helps to guarantee that you can yank them out, clean the interior thoroughly and replace them, without difficultly. The unit operates fairly quietly. Don’t worry. You will not need earplugs!
- Exceptional amount of space at 15 square foot
- Clear doors allows you to view the food, without pulling out the tray
- Shelf system delivers extra convenience
- Adjustable thermostat ensures all foods can be dried perfectly
- 26-hour timer offers easier use
- 10-year warranty delivers astounding peace of mind
- Trays are removable for easier maintenance
- Excellent value
- A little more costly
- Somewhat noisier than many of its competitors
Although the unit is a little more expensive than some of the alternatives, it is truly worth every penny! It is convenient, spacious and will deliver an astonishing performance each and every time. If you’re interested in spending a little extra and want the best food dehydrator for the money, this one cannot be ignored! Be sure to check it out for yourself right now!
If you are a health nut, you most likely monitor your caloric intake and restrict fatty foods from your diet. Almost everyone experiences hunger cravings throughout the day, especially between meals. By eating a healthy dehydrated snack, you will be boosting your energy level and combating those hunger cravings. If you do not own a food dehydrator, you should consider adding the Excalibur 3926TB to your list kitchen appliances.
- Equipped with 9 BPA-free plastic trays
- 15 Square feet capacity
- Includes a 10-Year limited warranty in the purchase price
- Built-in 26-hour timer
- Operates on 110-120v 60 Hz of power
- Integrated with a 7” fan
- 600 watts power supply
- Capable of producing a temperature range of 105-165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Measurements 12.5” H X 17” W X 19” D
- Made in the United States
The Excalibur 3926TB is equipped with 9 removable trays, which offers a total 15 square feet of drying space. The trays are dishwasher safe, which will speed up the cleaning the process and sanitize them, as well. The built-in 26-hour timer will help improve the drying process, so you are not left guessing, whether or not the foods are completely dehydrated. The timer and thermostat dials are located on the top, back of the dehydrator, so you will have easy access to them at all times.
The powerful 7” fan will definitely improve the air circulation throughout the dehydrator, so all of the foods dry completely and thoroughly. The 3926TB is integrated with the Parallex Horizontal Airflow Technology, which will speed up the drying process to retain the most nutrients, flavors, and colors possible.
The Excalibur food dehydrator is embedded with a phenomenal technology, Excalibur Hyperwave Fluctuation. This feature keeps the food temperatures at a minimum, but allows the air temperature to reach the maximum preset setting, so the enzymes stay active. This also prevents yeast and mold growth, so you will be safe from gastrointestinal illnesses.
- Offers an abundance of space – 15 square foot
- 9 trays deliver plenty of space for all of your foods
- Flexible poly-screen tray insets help to stop food from sticking
- 7-inch fan and 600 watts delivers rapid dehydration
- 10 year warranty is unparalleled
- Adjustable thermostat delivers tremendous versatility
- 26-hour time allows you to set it and leave it
- Not too difficult to clean
- A little loud, but not tremendously
- Somewhat more costly than others
There is one downside to the Excalibur 3926TB food dehydrator and that is it operates a little louder than other brands. This is most likely linked to the powerful 7” built-in fan, but if you are a deep sleeper, it will not interrupt your beauty sleep. Of course, the unit’s pros certainly outweigh its cons. If you’re looking for an excellent food dehydrator, which will deliver an excellent performance, this one should definitely be explored in greater detail!
Nesco is a very popular brand among athletes, hunters, and household members that enjoy eating fresh dehydrated foods. Whether you are looking for a food dehydrator that requires no manual tray rotation or an adjustable thermostat, you should look no further than the Nesco Snackmaster Pro. This is a high-quality appliance that will offer many years of service and an abundance of delicious dehydrated fruits and jerky.
- Measures in at 10” H X 13” diameter
- Includes 5 trays, but you can upgrade to 12 trays (sold separately)
- 700 Watts of drying power
- Adjustable temperature range of 95-160 degrees Fahrenheit
- Includes 2 fruit roll sheets, 2 flexible screens, and a 52-page recipe book
- 1-Year limited warranty included in purchase price
- Operates on 120v-60Hz
- Opaque Vita-Save exterior blocks UVR to prevent breakdown of nutritional content
The Nesco Snackmaster is one of the best food dehydrators on today’s market. The trays are constructed out of BPA-free, food-grade plastic, so you will not need worry about your foods coming into contact with harmful toxins. With around 7/8” (top 1/2”, bottom 3/8”) of clearance between each tray, you will be able to dry thick foods such as grapes, beef, cubed bread, and strawberries.
The Pro FD-75A is very user friendly appliance, thanks to the self-explanatory temperature dial. Nesco has definitely taken the time to include a variety of recommended temperature settings for different types of foods. This is embedded onto the top of the lid, so you do not have to pull out that instruction guide every time you utilize the appliance.
This is an automatic food dehydrator, so you do not need to spend your precious time rotating trays amid the dehydration cycle. Just place the food into the trays, stack them, put the lid in place, choose a setting, and let the Snackmaster do the rest.
The Nesco Snackmaster Pro is equipped with a top-mounted fan, which is capable of circulating air throughout the enterior efficiently and thoroughly. Each tray has a ventilation hole, which is located 5 ¼” from the exterior wall, this allows the air to flow evenly through the center and sides of the dehydrator.
- Top-mounted fan helps to prevent future problems
- Adjustable thermostat allows for dehydration of various foods
- Very small and lightweight, so it easy to store and transport
- Plenty of space for an abundance of food
- Flavors won’t mix, so you’ll enjoy each taste
- Can be expanded up to 12 trays, if desired
- BPA free plastic
- 1-year limited warranty
- No timer
- Stacking system may become repetitive and annoying
Whether you are an avid athlete, health freak, or just someone that enjoys snacking on dehydrated foods, you will definitely appreciate the Nesco Snackmaster Pro FD-75A. The unit is well worth its already affordable price tag! Be sure to explore this food dehydrator in greater depth today!